Ford City Real Estate
Ford City Borough
Ford City is a borough in Armstrong County and part of Armstrong School District. Ford City is 40 miles north east of Pittsburgh and 4 miles south of Kittanning. The population at the 2010 census was 2,991.
Ford City was founded in 1887 as a company town by the Pittsburgh Plates Glass Company, now known as PPG. The town was named in honor of the company founder, John Baptiste Ford.
The once largest employer in Armstrong county Eljer Plumbing shut down its Ford City plant in 2208